TastePlease Terms and Conditions
TastePlease ApS (“TastePlease”, “we” or “us”) is a social concept, revolutionizing the way we dine, meet and interact, available at www.tasteplease.com (hereinafter, the “Site”). TastePlease offers an online community for hosts and guests to have food events together around the world. TastePlease' Site is designed to enable users to offer their hosting skills, food and home facilities as hosts (“Host(s)”) and allowing other users to participate in social events of such Hosts as guests (“Guest(s)”). Whether you are a host or a guest (“User” or “you”), these user terms and conditions apply to all Users of the Site.
1. Acceptance of the user terms and conditions By logging to, connecting to, accessing or using the Site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the following user terms and conditions. When you create your own User on the Site, you agree to be bound by the user terms and conditions and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding your use of the Site. In order to create a User on the Site, you must possess the legal authority to enter into these User terms and conditions and to form a binding agreement under any applicable law, and own a valid credit card and a valid e-mail address. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE AND ACCEPT THESE USER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER TO, CONNECT TO, ACCESS OR USE THE SITE AS A USER IN ANY MANNER.
2. What is TastePlease? TastePlease is the new social concept, revolutionizing the way we dine, meet and interact. Through the Site TastePlease makes it possible for Users to offer their hosting skills, food and home facilities as Hosts to other Users. TastePlease wishes to give you the best social experience while using TastePlease's Site; However, TastePlease has no control over the conduct of any Hosts, Guests or any other Users and disclaims all liability in this regard. We recommend all Users to carefully and thoroughly examine and check with their respective Hosts and other Users all necessary details related to their social event prior to any booking of an event. Your participation in events such as home meals, dinner parties, personal chef cook services and other User activities (“Event“) as a result, directly or indirectly, from using TastePlease's Site, is entirely at your own risk. TastePlease is not a party to any agreement entered into between Hosts and Guests in any circumstances. TastePlease is only the provider of the online Site, which enables Users to interact. The User has the sole and ultimate responsibility regarding compliance with all laws, regulation (including without limitation the applicable tax regulations and food regulations) or any other duties relating to the Event. TastePlease does not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your participation in any Event conducted by a User or a third party. Events may be subject to separate terms and conditions incurred by their respective Hosts, organizers etc. and we recommend that you review such terms and conditions. It is the sole responsibility of the Host to assure that an Event is conducted in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. TastePlease will not be liable for any damages or loss incurred to you or any other person as a result of or in connection with your use of the Site, TastePlease's services and/or the content available herein.
3. Use of the Site In order to enter and use the services provided by the Site, you must register and create a User account (“User Account”). The registration is free of charge. Registration can be done by using a personal social network account or by completing an online registration available on the Site. You will receive a confirmation e-mail, when your User Account has been established. A User Account is a personal account and it is not possible to have more than one active TastePlease User Account. All Users can book Events, when their User Account has been activated. In order to create an Event, you must register as a Host (“Host Account”) (User Account and Host Account hereinafter collectively “Account“). The registration is free of charge. Registration can be done via your User Account. You must apply to be upgraded to a Host Account at the Site. Please note that in order to become a Host, you will be required to submit through our Site an application form in which you will be requested to fill in some personal information including payment details. After receiving the Host application from you, TastePlease will initiate a verification process. TastePlease will determine, at its sole discretion, whether or not you shall become a Host. You will receive a confirmation, when your Host Account has been activated. Please note that TastePlease will forward your payment details to TastePlease's payment service provider and you hereby agree and accept that TastePlease provide the payment service provider with the necessary information in order for the service provider to manage the payment transactions. Please note that failed payments due to incorrect payout details result in extra cost for you. You must provide accurate and complete information, when creating an Account on the Site and you agree to not misrepresent your identity or your Account information. You agree to keep your Account information up to date and accurate. Otherwise, TastePlease will not be able to provide you with the Site's services. You may not assign or transfer your rights or delegate your duties under the Account and these user terms and conditions without the prior written consent of TastePlease. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. TastePlease are not liable for any loss or damage arising from any failure of yours to comply with these user terms and conditions. If you wish to either change your Account information or password, or delete and remove your Account, you may use the Site's settings menus. Alternatively, you are always welcome to contact customer service. Your Account will be terminated within reasonable time following your request, and from that date of termination you will no longer be able to access your Account.
4. Use Restrictions There are certain conducts which are strictly prohibited on TastePlease's Site. We recommend you to read the following restrictions carefully. Failure to comply with the provisions set forth herein may result in the termination of your access to the Site and may also expose you to civil and/or criminal liability. You may not, whether by yourself or anyone on your behalf; (a) use TastePlease's Site for any illegal, unlawful or unauthorized purposes; (b) allow access to your Account to anyone other than yourself. You accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Site on your behalf; (c) interfere with or disrupt the operation of TastePlease's Site; (d) falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or express or imply that TastePlease endorses you, your site, your business or any statement you make; (e) as a Host, provide falsely or inaccurate information with respect to the service you offer through TastePlease's Site, including, but not limited to any representation you make with respect to your Events, including the hosting place and the food you offer (f) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to TastePlease's Site; (g) transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan Horse, time bomb, web bug, spyware, or any other computer code, file, or program that may or is intended to damage the operation of any hardware, software, or telecommunications equipment, or any other actually or potentially harmful, disruptive, or invasive code or component; and/or (h) infringe and/or violate any of the User terms and conditions.
5. Booking and billing arrangements As a registered User you are welcome to make an online booking with any Host offering Events via TastePlease's Site (“Booking”). A User may pay for the Booking by using the online payment system (described below). As part of the Booking process the User will be asked to fill in some details with respect to his/her Booking (such as allergies, if any) (“Booking Information”). The Booking Information you have filled in will be delivered automatically to your respective Host. Please note that it is your obligation and responsibility to inform your Host, in each Booking you make through the Site, about any food and/or other allergies or intolerance and/or other information you wish to provide your Host. Once your Booking is confirmed by the Host, you will automatically receive a booking confirmation to your Account(“Booking Confirmation”). The price indicated on the Site for an Event reflects the full booking amount (“Booking Amount“. The Booking Amount consists of a fee to the Host (“Fee“) for the Event and a service fee (“Service Fee“) to TastePlease. Once you receive the Booking Confirmation on your Account, you will be charged for the Booking Amount for the Event you have booked. The Booking Amount will be paid through a payment gateway (Stripe, cf. below) and divided into the payment of the Fee to the Host and the Service Fee to TastePlease.
7. Cancellation of booking All Bookings are subject to the specific cancellation terms of the Host. Every Host offering an Event on the Site determines the cancellation terms of the specific Event. We always recommend you to carefully read the information on the Event and the Host's applicable terms and conditions before you book an Event. Unless otherwise stated by the Host, it is not possible for a User to cancel an Event after a Booking is made. In case a Host cancels an Event or a User's Booking prior to the Event, the User will be reimbursed for the paid Booking Amount. TastePlease reserves the right to charge the cancelling Host with the Service Fee. TastePlease shall not bear any liability for any cost, expense, loss or damage that you may suffer or incur as a result of a cancellation of a Booking or Event.
9. Intellectual Property Rights The Site and the content of the Site and any and all intellectual property rights pertaining thereto, including, but not limited to, inventions, trademarks, trade names, service marks, copyrightable materials and patents, whether or not registered or capable of being registered (collectively “Intellectual Property”) are owned by and/or licensed to TastePlease. To the extent you may choice to provide any feedback, comments or suggestions (“Feedback“) to TastePlease, TastePlease reserves an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right to incorporate the Feedback into any of TastePlease's current or future products, technologies or services without your prior approval. All Feedback shall be deemed to be non-confidential. TasterPlease also reserves the right to use any Feedback as marketing/promotional material without your prior approval.
10. Trademarks and Trade names “TastePlease” and any and all marks and logos and all other proprietary identifiers used by TastePlease in connection with the Site are all trademarks and/or trade names of TastePlease, whether or not registered. All other trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos which may appear on the Site belong to their respective owners. No right, license, or interest to TastePlease's trademarks and/or to any third party marks is granted hereunder, and therefore you will avoid using any of those marks.
11. User Generated Content TastePlease allows you to upload, post, publish and make available through the Site, your own copyrightable materials such as text, images, text material, photos and any other proprietary materials, including without limitation Hosts' posts on their pages and/or any part thereof and links to copyrightable materials (the “User Generated Content”). To the extent you may choice to upload, post, publish or share any User Generated Content, TastePlease reserves an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, display, copy, make available to the public that User Generated Content. TastePlease may publish and use any User Generated Content without the Users prior consent. You hereby agree and understand that you will not be entitled to prevent any transfer of User Generated Content to any third party. TastePlease takes no responsibility for any User Generated Content that it uploaded, posted published or made available by you or any third party on the Site, nor is TastePlease liable for any mistakes, defamation or falsehoods you or any third may encounter. It is the User's sole responsibility to obtain consents required under any applicable laws, regarding the posting of any personal information of others which is part of the User Generated Content, and to adhere to any applicable laws regarding such information. The Site may contain additional tools and services offered to Users, such as marketing tools, that are provided by third party service providers. For the activation of such services, you may be required to open a separate account with a third party service provider and/or integrate such account with an existing social network account. Third party service providers may also require that you grant them access to your social network accounts and/or to certain information and/or data included in your Account. The use of third party service providers is voluntary. Please note that any engagement you may choice to enter into with a third party service provider and/or the use of a third party service provider's tools and services offered via the Site is made at your own risk and responsibility and TastePlease shall bear no responsibility or liability for your use of such services.
12. Linking to TastePlease's Site and links to third party websites We welcome links to any page on our Site. You are free to establish a hypertext link to the Site as long as the link does not state or imply any connection or approval of your website, products and/or services by TastePlease. You may not link to our Site from a site that you do not own or have permission to use. Certain links provided on our Site permit our Users to leave TastePlease's Site and enter non-TastePlease sites or services. Those linked sites and services are provided solely as a convenience to you. These linked sites and services are not under the control of TastePlease and TastePlease is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or services, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content advertising, products or other information on or available from such linked sites and services or any link contained in linked sites or service. Your access to, use of and reliance upon any such sites, services and content and your dealings with such third parties are at your sole risk and expense. TastePlease reserves the right to terminate any link at any time. You further acknowledge and agree that TastePlease shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused, by or in connection with use of or reliance on any services, content, products or other materials available on or through such linked sites or resource.
13. Availability The Site's availability and functionality depends on various factors, such as communication networks, software, hardware and TastePlease's serviceproviders and contractors. TastePlease does not warrant or guarantee that the Site will at all times operate without disruption or interruption, or that it will be immune from unauthorized access or error-free.
14. Changes to the Site TastePlease reserves the right to modify, amend, correct, improve, make any other changes to, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Site without notice at any time. You agree and accept that TastePlease shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of this Site or the content included therein.
15. Refund In the event of misleading representation or misconduct on the Site and in connection with an Event held by Hosts through the use of TastePlease's Site, you are not entitled to a refund from TastePlease. You agree and accept that the use of TastePlease's site and participation in any Event is solely at your own risk.
16. Disclaimer TastePlease does not warrant that the Site is or will be secure, timely, accurate, complete, uninterrupted, withour errors, or free of viruses, defects or other harmful components or other program limitations. TastePlease hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the use of the Site, including but not limited to the availability, reliability or the quality of the Site. TastePlease is not responsible for any error, fault or mistake related to any content and information displayed within the Site. TastePlease is not and shall not be responsible for your participation in any Event distributed through the Site, including the nature and the quality of the food served in such Events. TastePlease is not a party to any agreement entered into between Hosts and Guests in any circumstances, and is not and shall not be responsible for any error, fault or mistake of any and all content and information received through the Site, including by Users, Host or third parties. Please note that TastePlease does not endorse any entity, product or service mentioned in any User Generated Content available on the Site. TastePlease makes no warranty or assurance to you with respect to the existence, scope and compliance as required by any applicable law with respect to such Events. TastePlease are not responsible and have no liability for any product or service provided by any person or entity other than TastePlease. TastePlease bear no responsibility for any engagement with third party service providers or any service and/or content supplied by a third party. You agree and accept that the use of the Site and the services provided is entirely at your own risk.
17. Limitation of Liability The use of TastePlease's site and participation in any Event is solely at your own risk. To the maximum extent legally permissible, TastePlease is not liable for any damages, hereunder but not limited to, direct, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including without limitation loss of goodwill, profits or data) resulting from or arising out of or relating to the Site, TastePlease services and/or your participation in any Event.
18. Indemnification You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless TastePlease from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, debts, and expenses arising from: (i) your use of TastePlease's Site; (ii) your violation of any term of these User terms and conditions; (iii) your violation of any third party rights, including without limitation any intellectual property rights or privacy right of such third party in connection with your use of the Site; and/or (iv) any damage of any sort, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, you may cause to any third party with relation to your use of the Site.
19. Amendments to the User terms and conditions TastePlease reserves the right to change the User terms and conditions from time to time, so please re-visit this page frequently. In case of any material change, we will make reasonable efforts to post a clear notice on the Site and/or will send you an e-mail (to the extent that you provided us with such e-mail address) regarding such change. In the event that the User terms and conditions must be amended to comply with any legal requirements, the amendments may take effect immediately, or as required by the law and without any prior notice.
20. Termination TastePlease reserves the right to block your access to the Site and/or temporarily or permanently limit your access to the Site, at its sole discretion, in addition to any other remedies that may be available to TastePlease under any applicable law. Such actions by TastePlease may be taken, for example, if TastePlease deems that you have breached the User terms and conditions in any manner. Additionally, TastePlease may at any times, at its sole discretion, cease the operation of the Site or any part thereof, temporarily or permanently, without giving any prior notice. You agree and acknowledge that TastePlease does not assume any responsibility with respect to, or in connection with the termination of the Site' operation and loss of any data. The provisions of these User terms and conditions survives the termination of these User terms and conditions.
21. Advertisements TastePlease may accept advertisements from third parties. Please be aware that TastePlease makes no warranties or representations concerning such advertisements, whether or not TastePlease has control over such advertisements. Any and all information contained in such advertisements belongs solely to the advertisers. In any event, TastePlease will not be liable for any damage or loss incurred to you as a result of or in connection with such advertisements.
22. General The User terms and conditions is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Danish law. Any dispute arising out of or related to your use of TastePlease's Site and/or services shall be settled by the City Court of Copenhagen (in Danish: Københavns Byret) in accordance with Danish law. Should any provision of these User terms and conditions be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision may be modified by such court in compliance with the law giving effect to the intent of the parties and enforced as modified. All other terms and conditions of these User terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect and shall be construed in accordance with the modified provision. TastePlease reserves the right to assign or transfer the rights under these User terms and conditions without restriction or notification.
23. For information, questions or notification of errors, please contact: If you have any questions regarding the User terms and conditions, you are always welcome to contact customer service and we will make an effort to reply within a reasonable time.