Easy Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls
Looking for the perfect cinnamon roll recipe? This is it! These cinnamon rolls are perfect every time.
Cinnamon Roll Dough
1 kg flour
120 gr sugar
1 tsp salt
1,5 tsp cardamom
50 gr fresh yeast
0,5 l milk
160 gr butter
Cinnamon Roll Filling
150 gr room temperature butter
0,75-1 dl sugar
1,5 tbsp cinnamon
1,5 tbsp vanilla bean sugar
1 egg for brushing
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl - flour, sugar, salt and cardamom.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter, pour the milk in and wait until the mixture is lukewarm. This is very important or else the yeast will not wake. Mine was at 38C (100F).
- Pour the butter and milk into the flour mixture along with one egg.
- Knead together. If you've got a stand mixer - good for you - I still have to use a hand mixer. This is also a very important step, as you have to mix until the dough is fluffy and no longer clings to the bowl. But, you don't want to add more flour that absolutely necessary, as more flour means denser buns - which you obviously don't want.
- Add a little flour on top, and place a kitchen towel or plastic wrap over the bowl. Leave it in a warm place (or at least not ice cold and drafty!) for about 1-1,5 hours, until the dough has doubled in size.
Mix together the room temperature butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla bean sugar.
- Take half of the dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Knead a little and begin rolling with a rolling pin. I want it to be around 1 cm (0.4 inch) thick. Spread half of the cinnamon mixture onto the dough, and begin to roll.
- Do not roll too tightly. Just lightly roll, but then again, not so loose that everything falls apart. Cut the roll into 10-ish rolls. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Whisk one egg and brush each cinnamon roll. You may substitute with milk, but I prefer eggs.
- Take the other half and repeat the process. Bake in the middle of the oven on 210C (410C) for around 12 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack.
Find more recipes on Ginger with Spice.
Because Cinco de Mayo is coming up and everyone loves enchiladas! INGREDIENTSRed Enchilada Sauce2 tbsp canola oil or other neutral...