This classic French dish is the perfect proof that great food doesn’t have to be complicated - all it takes is the right ingredients.
Ingredients per serving:
- 400 g mussels
- ½ dl white wine
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 100 g cold butter
- a small bundle of parsley
- salt & pepper
- Clean the mussels by rinsing them in cold water and removing the ‘beards’. Discard any mussels that do not close during this process.
- Bring white wine and garlic to a boil. Add mussels and leave everything to simmer under a lid for about 4 min. Add salt.
- When the mussels have been steamed, collect the juices and blend these with butter. Add chopped parsley and season to taste.
- Move the mussels to a bowl – make sure to discard any un-opened mussels at this stage – and pour over the sauce.